St Mary's, Kinnerley

Kinnerley Church 500The church was established in the 8th century, the tower was rebuilt in about 1604 and the nave in 1770 using local sandstone.  The tower was raised and the porch added in the 1870's.  The church is Grade II* listed.  St Mary's has an excellent two-manual pipe organ and an unusual reredos.  St. Mary's Church provides the main focal point in the centre of the village, with a shop, post office, public house and parish hall in close proximity.  The primary school is a few hundred yards away.